Saturday 10 September 2016

New Rug from Old

I've had this part worked rug in my cupboard for a couple of years. It was an unwanted item from the CS so I said I'd give it a home.


A further purchase from the CS landed me with these balls of chunky King Cole wool. I can't pass on wool so they came home with me too.



Marry the two purchases together and I hope to end up with a creamy, browny rug for one of the bedrooms. I cut the length of each piece of wool by eye - vaguely all the same length and rug hook them into position.


It's quite relaxing to hook and there's no dead-line for finishing.

xx

4 comments:

  1. I used to make rugs. I agree on the relaxing.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work. That will keep the toes warm on a cold winter's day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have difficulty passing up wool in the CS too. But I did the other day when they were asking more money for a collection of part balls than I would have paid for it new!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make primitive hooked rugs with strips of wool and find it very relaxing too...often use them to decorate and insulate walls...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.