Monday 26 May 2014

… and still counting

The sock/s have been abandoned for a while as some other yarn from the stash beckoned. A ripple came to mind (as it does) so a ripple it was. There are quite a few different patterns out on the web and all involve valleys and mountains, hence the climbing down for 4, the 2 decrease steps for the valley, the climbing up for 4 and the 2 increase steps for the mountain. This ripple was different from my other ripple type blanket in that it was done in single trebles rather than treble shells.


It looks a little bit ice-creamy.


Do I really need another blanket?

xx

10 comments:

  1. I think you always need another blanket. And this one's so pretty.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you ever have too many blankets? I love it when I can use up odd balls from my wool stash. Thing is, you still have something that takes up space and needs a home, unless you give it away that is. I wish I could crochet, as I would make a blanket for someone I know who wants one, but I can't. I'm going to look out for one in a charity shop or at a craft fair instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm addicted to blanket making too.I have a drawer full of wool shouting out to be made into a blanket but I have so many already!!!I love your colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour and yes, you definitely need a new blanket especially one that scrummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours, you can never have too many blankets, we might have a cold winter this year and you will be so pleased you made it. I have one on the go but its not growing very quick! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are gorgeous and yes, you definitely need another blanket.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blanket is beautiful.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been reading along for a bit, but not sure if I have commented before! I had to say however that you can never have too many blankets! It looks lovely, and I like your summery colour choices, they do indeed look very like ice cream colours! Hope that you enjoy making it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, I never thought of a ripple. It's looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.