Friday 9 May 2014

Alphabet Blogging - L

L is for Litter

I have just been out and picked up a pile of litter from the front garden. It blows in off the street under our gate. I also picked up the litter outside our house and the rest of the houses on our block. I think the bin men must have dropped an awful lot because there was a plastic milk bottle and various wrappings from foodstuffs. As usual there were offerings from people who just couldn't be bothered to put their litter in a bin - cigarette ends, fast food wrappers, cigarette boxes and cellophane wrappers, sweet papers, cans, tissue, and more. I can't see why these litterers can't hold onto their litter until they meet a bin. Who do they think will pick it up?


Me, of course!

Now for more Alphabet Blogging please follow the links below.

Cathy

Next week's letter is K.

xx



6 comments:

  1. I have the same problem. It drives me made, but even more so when people lift the lid and throw their empty fast food cartons in my garden wasted bin or our basement light well. When there's not much in the bin I can't even reach down and get them out as the bin is too deep and the council refuse to take the bin as it has non-garden waste in it. I find it incredibly rude and bad mannered. I'm sounding a bit like a grumpy old woman, but it touched a nerve with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're both grumpy for a very good reason. Litter spoils my walks everywhere - the street, the park, the beach. It's such a shame that some people cannot respect the area in which they live.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really annoys me when people just drop their litter in the street. My mum taught me to put litter in a bin and I've taught my two to do the same, I'd be fuming if I saw them just drop it for someone else to pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drives me NUTS. Canada is a tidy clean place,but some people are determined to change that.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would have taken a photo of the rubbish and sent to the council especially when the rubbish collectors are working
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Litter louts - a term I learned in the 1950s. A problem in our village even then.
    I was annoyed the other day as I drove past a bus stop to see someone just drop something on the ground - while standing right next to a bin Annoyed even more so because I couldn't stop in the traffic to challenge him on it.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.